(815) 929-9292
(217) 328-2828
(217) 443-4343
(217) 516-3451
Hablamos Español

300 People Evacuated from a Hotel in Bradley

Last Updated: 22 November, 2011

The Holiday Inn Express in Bradley was evacuated on November 13, 2011 when a faulty heater apparently leaked carbon monoxide into a swimming pool area during the evening hours.  Over 300 people were forced to evacuate the hotel and 16 people were sent to the hospital.

At approximately 9 p.m. carbon monoxide detectors were triggered. Fire department personnel were sent to the hotel located near the Northfield Mall on Illinois Route 50. According to Bradley Fire Department Chief Jim Baird an ambulance crew responded to reports of more than one person getting sick at the hotel. Once they arrived, the ambulance personnel realized the scope of the situation.

After that the Mutual Aid Box Alarm System (MABAS) was activated and the hotel was evacuated. According to Carbon-Monoxide-Poisoning.com, symptoms of poisoning are shortness of breathe, nausea, headache and light-headedness. High levels of carbon monoxide can lead to death in a short period of time.

A faulty product that leaks dangerous chemicals can lead to serious health issues. If you or a loved one knows someone who has been adversely affected by a chemical leak, call Spiros Law, P.C. at (815) 929-9292 to find out your legal rights.